During the last few months, Cloud Mountain has been laying infrastructure and constructing platforms to put up 5 new yurts to provide additional single sleeping spaces for retreatants.
We are seeking volunteers to help move our yurt project forward. The specific projects we’ll be working on together will be:
1) putting up 5 yurts from kits
2) laying out and pinning landscape fabric over the dirt pathways connecting the yurts and spreading gravel on them. For putting up the yurts, we would prefer people with some some prior experience with yurt construction, but general construction experience would suffice. If you’ve put up yurts before, please know how amazingly helpful your expertise and experience would be! For working on establishing the new pathways, all are welcome!
The work days will take place on Saturday and Sunday, August 27 – 28. For those who wish to stay overnight, we will happily offer food and housing.
There is no formal registration process nor any fee required for participating in these volunteer days. If you’re interested in joining in, please send an email to us at email@example.com letting us know:
1) which project you wish to work on,
2) which day(s) you plan to attend,
3) if you would like meals and overnight accommodation,
4) any dietary restrictions you might have.
COVID-19 requirements will be looser than what we’re following on retreats. Rather than the full roster of protocols listed below, please take a rapid home test before coming to be sure you test negative for covid-19. Vaccination and masking will be optional for these work days. Accommodations can be made for those wishing to remain masked during this volunteer weekend.
We hope you will join us in these projects to perfect Cloud Mountain’s retreat environment!
CURRENT COVID-19/PUBLIC HEALTH PROTOCOLS:
Cloud Mountain continues to take endemic covid-19 seriously as a public health risk in the retreat environment. Masking and rapid testing requirements are in place.
Please follow this link for UPDATED INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS.
Scholarship funds are available on all retreats to assist those with financial challenges. For more information, read the Scholarship section of our overview information.
Following in the Buddhist tradition, none of your registration fee will go to the teacher(s). Please consider offering teacher dāna at the event to support their livelihood. (Dāna is a term for generosity, or freely offered giving. You can find more information about this way of offering the teachings and the "economy of gifts" on our Donation page.)