Please note that this is the email to which we’ll send all retreat-related correspondence.
Please indicate your gender identity.
Check all that apply.
Check all that apply.
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION
The contact you provide should be someone who is able to physically connect with and check on you.
- This information helps us make your retreat experience as smooth as possible.
We do our best to accommodate special medical needs. HEALTH INFORMATION: Cloud Mountain is located in a rural area and there are no physicians or health care professionals on staff.
Do you have any issues, including but not limited to physical health and mobility, that may impact your housing, yogi jobs or overall ability to fully participate in the entire retreat? This information will help us in assigning you a room and ensuring you a comfortable retreat experience.
Do you have any issues, including but not limited to physical health and mobility, that may impact your housing, volunteer jobs or overall ability to fully participate in the work weekend? This information will help us in assigning you a room and ensuring you a comfortable volunteer experience.
We serve a lacto-ovo vegetarian menu (contains dairy and eggs.)
If you have a severe food allergy please indicate this below.
Use this box to alert us to severe food allergies, including the severity of your reaction, or additional dietary restrictions.
- In regards to your dietary restrictions, please note that we do serve a vegetarian diet. We use tofu, beans, and/or lentils as a protein source in many dishes. For lunch, we serve a grain (usually rice), a main course (such as dal, or tofu, or tempeh), a vegetable, and salad. For dinner, we serve soup and artisan breads. An ingredients list will be presented with all prepared meals. We also keep a stocked snack table, available at all times to retreatants, which contains fruit (apples, oranges, bananas), whole-grain crackers, rice cakes, bread, peanut butter, and jam.
We do offer non-dairy, non-wheat, and vegan options when people request, and also make non-gluten, non-wheat bread available. For retreatants who have dietary restrictions other than non-dairy, non-wheat, or vegan, we recommend that you bring along some supplementary food of your own to fill in with the provided food that you can eat. We offer refrigerator space, use of the microwave in the dining hall, and shelf space to those retreatants who do not fit into what we offer for dietary restrictions. We can also offer you plastic containers so that you can put aside portions of dishes that we serve during the retreat that work for your dietary needs to eat at later times when what goes out on the table won’t work for you. In the event that you are registered into the retreat, please ask the cook for directions on where & how to store your food.
With the below initialed acknowledgment, I agree to take sole responsibility for ensuring that my diet at Cloud Mountain is in accordance with my allergies, health requirements and dietary preferences. I understand that it will be my responsibility to personally supplement my diet with all foods and snacks beyond the scope of the vegetarian, vegan, and wheat-free options that Cloud Mountain Retreat Center can provide.
With the below initial, I also release Friends of Cloud Mountain, the owners or Cloud Mountain Retreat Center, any of the organizations officers, directors, employees, members, agents, teachers, contractors, or volunteers from liability and responsibility for any severe allergic reaction by the consumption of food that is not in accordance with my personal medical allergies and dietary restrictions.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the food that Cloud Mountain Provides during retreat, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 360-274-4859 or toll-free (within the United States) at 1-888-465-9118.
- Cloud Mountain can offer those flying in from out of the area the option of renting bedding, towels and linens for a $10 rental fee. Due to limited quantities, bedding packets should be reserved as early as possible. If you are not flying in, please plan to bring your own bedding.
- Cloud Mountain can offer those attending work parties the option of borrowing bedding, towels and linen. Due to limited quantities, bedding packets should be reserved as early as possible.
- Ride-sharing is a great way to simplify retreat transportation while being conscious of our impact on the environment. If you sign up for ride-share, you will receive an e-mail two weeks prior to the start of your retreat containing contact information for other participants with whom you may arrange rides.
- Ride-sharing is a great way to simplify retreat transportation while being conscious of our impact on the environment. If you sign up for ride-share, you will receive an e-mail prior to the start of your retreat containing contact information for other participants with whom you may arrange rides.
e.g. “Seattle, WA” or “Portland International Airport”
PREREQUISITES FOR EXPERIENCED STUDENT RETREATS
Please use this field to provide the information to verify that you meet those prerequisites, including at least approximate dates, length, teacher(s) and location of previous retreats.
We are setting a high bar for retreats for advanced students. In the past, the definition of an experienced or advanced student has generally been characterized by the amount of formal retreat time in which one has engaged. While time logged on the cushion can be an important aspect of experience, we do not find this measure alone to be a meaningful gauge of the quality of a student’s practice.
We see an advanced student as someone who has developed a balanced practice, with sincere and diligent attention to practicing sila (ethical/moral conduct) and dana (generosity), in addition to bhavana (cultivation of mind). Sometimes yogis engage in unwholesome behaviors indicative of a need for additional development.
Please review and check all.
Please review and check each item of the above list so that we are sure you fully understand what is considered unwholesome behavior at an experienced/ advanced student retreat. All of these behaviors create hardship and have a corrosive effect on our collective ability to keep the Dhamma alive, available and accessible. It is our belief as a Dhamma organization that those who aspire to take their wisdom practice to deeper levels should not neglect the vital foundational practices of dana and sila. All practitioners are welcome on any of our open retreats. However, in order to be considered a suitable candidate for an experienced/ advanced student retreat, these new criteria are in place to create the most fertile field of practice for all who attend and to provide adequate support for the teachers and retreat center who are gifting these practice opportunities to the world.
Clicking yes will open the on-line scholarship application. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of financial need only and offer up to a 50% discount off the full retreat price.
ONLINE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- Approved scholarships for most retreats generally come in the form of a work-exchange and a reduction in the retreat fee up to a maximum of 50% of the retreat cost. (On retreats longer than 12 days, the amount will vary, so please contact the Cloud Mountain office for specific scholarship information for longer retreats.)
Work-exchange duties vary and are pre-assigned. Generally they help to support kitchen operations. Work exchange duties intrude only minimally, if at all, into formal retreat sessions; most are performed during the meal breaks or during part of a walking meditation session. In cases of disability, we are happy to adjust the work-exchange responsibilities to accommodate individuals’ particular physical needs in a gentle and appropriate way.
Until the status of your scholarship is clear, we will not process your payment. If we are unable to approve you for scholarship assistance for any reason, we place your materials on hold while we can contact you to see how you wish to proceed around registering. If you decide not to register under those circumstances, you will not have committed to the retreat and may easily withdraw your registration. Please disregard the payment authorization total at the bottom of the form when applying for scholarship–we will not process any charges until reviewing your application.
Please respond to the following questions and briefly state the reason why it would be a financial hardship for you to attend this retreat without this financial assistance. Please answer all questions completely. Applications without sufficient information will not be considered.
From which of the following Scholarship Funds are you requesting scholarship assistance?
What is your monthly income? What are your approximate monthly expenses? Are you currently employed? Are you a homeowner? Describe your household (e.g., spouse/partner, housemates, etc.)? Please be detailed enough so that we can get a good sense of your financial situation.
Requested Scholarship Amount
We ask you to kindly request only the amount that will allow you to attend retreat. It is our wish to extend the scholarship fund to all participants in need of financial assistance, and your financial candor is appreciated in helping make this possible.
Please also note that some level of personal financial contribution is asked of each individual. If you are receiving scholarship assistance from other sources, the financial aid we offer may be adjusted to accommodate for this.
Scholarships are awarded in amounts between 10% and 50% of the full retreat cost. This policy varies for retreats longer than 12 days in length, so please check with the Cloud Mountain office before applying for scholarship on a longer retreat.
Please select your requested scholarship amount below:
WORK EXCHANGE PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- Because the work-exchange is an important component of each retreat we are asking you to review and check each item of the below list of conditions and agreements. These tasks are a vital piece of service to the retreat participants, and we’d like them to be offered with a generous heart and enthusiastic spirit.
We ask you to agree to each of the below points so that we are sure you fully understand what is expected and needed at each stage of the retreat service process.
Please review and check all:
Friends of Cloud Mountain is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contribution is fully tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
If you do not wish to provide a special dedication, we will use one of our standard dedications. Depending on whether the offering is anonymous or not, the dedication board would read, “This meal has been offered by Jane/John Doe,” or, “This meal has been offered by an anonymous friend (present)/(not present) on this retreat.” In this case, please leave this field blank.
MM slash DD slash YYYY
If you have no specific date in mind, please leave this field blank.
hidden on form but appears on PDF