Awakening in The Body: First Foundation of Mindfulness
DATE : Jul 24 - Jul 29, 2020
DURATION : 5 NIGHTS - FRI TO WED
COST : $350 / $380 / $410 plus dana*
STATUS : Open
In our increasingly fast-paced technological world, developing and deepening Embodied Presence is becoming one of the most important “dharmas of our times” for both beginning and experienced practitioners. At this retreat we will dive into the direct experience of being embodied through the First Foundation of Mindfulness teachings, with a curious and joyful spirit.
- Mindfulness of breathing. Includes deepening into the direct experience of breath in the body and experiencing the pleasure and happiness available in the breath-body.
- Mindfulness of the nervous system (“calming the body ?formation”). Includes innovative instructions for mindfulness with pain in meditation, decreasing anxiety and melting subtle bracing (holding) patterns in the body. Informed from the system of Somatic Experiencing.
- Mindfulness in all four postures (sitting, standing, walking, lying down). Full instructions of all four postures will be offered.
- Mindfulness in all activities, maintaining grounding in the body.
- Mindfulness of the elements (earth, air, fire, water, space) in our ?bodies and the natural world.
- Reflection on embracing preciousness and gratitude of being in harmony with impermanence.
The retreat will be held in Noble Silence, with daily instructions on insight meditation and the divine abodes (lovingkindness, compassion, joy and equanimity). ?The retreat will include a small group check-in to support practice, as well as individual check-ins (on a sign-up basis) with the teacher. Optional simple Qi Gong movement practice will also be offered, as an expression of joyful embodiment.
Please consider attending this retreat only if your current life circumstances allow you to engage in an important modern renunciation practice of staying 100% offline off phone/text during the entire course of the retreat.
Subsidized fee : $350 plus dana offerings to teacher(s) and staff
Sustaining fee : $380 plus dana offerings to teacher(s) and staff
Supporting fee : $410 plus dana offerings to teacher(s) and staff
To learn more about a teacher, please click on their photo.
Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in /home/wp_nezjbr/cloudmountain.org/wp-content/plugins/cmwp-retreat-center/public/partials/cmwp-retreate-list-detail.php on line 332