In our increasingly fast-paced technological world, developing and deepening the capacities of Embodied Presence – grounding, settling, clearing, protecting & energizing – have become some of the most important “dharmas of our times” for both Beginning & Experienced practioners. At this retreat we will dive into the direct experience of being embodied with a playful, curious and joyful spirit.
We will explore Teachings, Practices, and Tools from the First Foundation of Mindfulness from the compassionate perspective of mindfulness-wisdom. Through lowering reactivity in the body and heart/mind, we increase our sense of aliveness and capacity to support ourselves and others.
– Mindfulness of breathing to support settling, collecting & energizing body & mind.
– Mindfulness of the nervous system supports reducing reactivity (“calming the body formation”). Informed from the system of Somatic Experiencing.
– Mindfulness in all four postures (sitting, standing, walking, lying down). Full instructions in all four postures will be offered.
– Mindfulness in all activities, maintaining grounding in the body.
– Mindfulness of the elements (earth, air, fire, water, space) in our bodies and the natural world.
– Practice with embracing impermanence as a refuge, and celebrating the ‘aliveness of now’.
This retreat will be held in Noble Silence, with daily instructions on insight meditation and the divine abodes (lovingkindness, compassion, joy & equanimity).
The retreat will include a small group check-in to support practice, as well as individual check ins (on a sign up basis) with the teacher.
Optional simple Qi Gong movement practice will also be offered, as an expression of joyful embodiment. Everyone is welcome!
Subsidized fee : $350 plus dana offerings to teacher(s) and staff
Sustaining fee : $380 plus dana offerings to teacher(s) and staff
Supporting fee : $410 plus dana offerings to teacher(s) and staff