In our increasingly fast-paced technological world, developing and deepening the capacities of Embodied Presence – grounding, settling, clearing, protecting & energizing – have become some of the most important “dharmas of our times” for both Beginning & Experienced practioners. At this retreat we will dive into the direct experience of being embodied with a playful, curious and joyful spirit.
We will explore Teachings, Practices, and Tools from the First Foundation of Mindfulness from the compassionate perspective of mindfulness-wisdom. Through lowering reactivity in the body and heart/mind, we increase our sense of aliveness and capacity to support ourselves and others.
– Mindfulness of breathing to support settling, collecting & energizing body & mind.
– Mindfulness of the nervous system supports reducing reactivity (“calming the body formation”). Informed from the system of Somatic Experiencing.
– Mindfulness in all four postures (sitting, standing, walking, lying down). Full instructions in all four postures will be offered.
– Mindfulness in all activities, maintaining grounding in the body.
– Mindfulness of the elements (earth, air, fire, water, space) in our bodies and the natural world.
– Practice with embracing impermanence as a refuge, and celebrating the ‘aliveness of now’.
This retreat will be held in Noble Silence, with daily instructions on insight meditation and the divine abodes (lovingkindness, compassion, joy & equanimity).
The retreat will include a small group check-in to support practice, as well as individual check ins (on a sign up basis) with the teacher.
Optional simple Qi Gong movement practice will also be offered, as an expression of joyful embodiment. Everyone is welcome!
CURRENT COVID-19 PROTOCOLS:
A vaccination requirement is in place for all participants on this retreat. Follow this link for more information about the vaccine requirement, including an avenue for medical exemption.
All participants will be housed in single sleeping rooms.
We will continue to require all retreatants, staff and teachers to remain masked throughout the retreat.
All participants will be required to follow all covid-19 health and safety guidelines in place at Cloud Mountain. Follow this link for comprehensive information about the specific guidelines in place at this time.
The retreat container will be constructed in accordance with the current covid-19 conditions at the time to maximize individual and group health. We reserve the right to adjust expectations of acceptable behaviors within the retreat environment to respond most appropriately to covid-19 conditions. PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS.
Scholarship funds are available on all retreats to assist those with financial challenges. For more information, read the Scholarship section of our overview information.
Subsidized fee : $350 plus dana offerings to teacher(s) and staff
Sustaining fee : $380 plus dana offerings to teacher(s) and staff
Supporting fee : $410 plus dana offerings to teacher(s) and staff